Analysis of karyotypes of cattle families depending on leukaemia occurrence
Treść / Zawartość
In the preliminary cytogenetic investigations carried out on 40 cows of the lowland black-and-white breed, in which leukaemia has been diagnosed clinically and post mortem, numerous cases of chromosomal aberration were observed concerning usually somatic chromosomes, although some cases of aberration of sexual chromosomes occurred as well (6). There are many similar reports (3, 4, 5, 7, 8). The aberration of aneuploidal type was hyperploidity found in 67.5% of cases. Beside aneuploidity also the cases of pseudoploidity with Robertson's translocation were encountered. In karyotype analysis of 20 control cows only in a single case monosomy has been found. The specificity of the phenomenon of occurrence of numerous and manifold chromosomie aberrations in cattle with leukaemia diagnosed clinically and post mortem, allows to presume that this disease would occur on genetic background. This problem cannot be solved definitely on the basis of the present investigations, since the animals, both experimental and control ones, originated from breeding centres and thus the determination of their affinity degree within the experimental and control group was impossible. For getting more uniform material with respect to origin, both for leucaemic and control animals, it has been decided to carry out cytogenetic investigations on the Polish red cattle originating from the herd, in which lines and families were bred.
- 1. Casperson F., Zech L., Iohanson C.: Exptl. Cell. Res. 62, 490, 499, 1970.
- 2. Croshaw I. E., Abt D. A., Marshak R. P., Mare W. C. D., Switzer I., Ipsen I., Dutcher L. M.: Annals New York Aead. Sci. 108, 1193-1202, 1963.
- 3. Hare W. C. D., McFeely R. A.: Bibl. Hematol. 30, 231-232, 1968.
- 4. Hare W. C. D., Tse-Yu I., McFeely R.A.: J. Nat. Cane. Inst. 38, 383-387, 1967.
- 5. Kanawaga M., Kawata K, Muramoto I., Ono H.: Jap. J. Vet. Res. 13, 121-127, 1965.
- 6. Majewska H., Żebrowski L.: Biul. IV. Zjazdu PTNW, 1970, s. 156.
- 7. Martin W. B., Flangan M.: Brit. J. Cancer 21, 137-143, 1967.
- 8. Pardue M. J., Gall I. G.: Science 168, 1356, 1970.
- 9. Patil S. R.: Science 173, 821-822, 1971.
- 10. Ulbrich F., Weinhold E.: Münch. Tierärtzl. Wschr, 76, 269-270, 1963.
- 11. Ulbrich F., Weinhold R., A.: Nature 199, 719, 1963.
- 12. Weinhold E.: Berl. Münch. Tierärtzl. Wschr. 78, 406-408, 1965.
- 13. Wettman: Vet. Med. 23, 255-258, 1968.