Judoists’ tactical and technical efficiency during the World Championships in 2014 and 2015
Background: The paper presents an analysis the technical-tactical preparation of judoists competing in men’s individual World Championships in 2014 and 2015. These tournaments were held in accordance with the new provisions which will also apply during the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. Material and methods: A classification was made of the national teams prevailing in these competitions. The analysis of technical-tactical preparation was based on efficiently performed attacks, for the execution of which athletes received judges’ points. Results: The registered attacks allowed for an evaluation of the efficiency of particular groups of throws and holds used in a judo fight and for a classification of techniques that prevailed during these competitions. Conclusions: The collected material allows predicting the efficiency of judoists’ technical-tactical preparation during subsequent tournaments and adjusting individual training programs adapting them to the current requirements and regulations of sports combat.
-  Boguszewski D. Dynamics of judo contests performed by top world judokas in the years 2008-2012. J Combat Sport Mart Arts. 2014;1(2):31-35.
-  Adam M, Smaruj M. The indices of technical-tactical preparation of the World’s Judo Champions in Tokyo 2010 as an assessment criterion for individual training. ArchBudo Sci Mart Arts Extreme Sport. 2013;33-39.
-  Nakamura I, Tanabe Y, Nanjo M. Analysis of winning points in World Senior Championships from 1995 to 1999. Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo. Kodokan Report. 2002;(X):147-156.
-  Ito K, Hirose N, Tamura M, Nakamura M. Alterations in kumite techniques and the effects on Score rates following the 2013 International Judo Federation rule revision. ArchBudo Sci Mart Arts. 2015;11:87-92.
-  Ito K, Hirose N, Nakamura M, Maekawa N, Tamura M, Hirotsu N. The transformation of technical-tactical behaviors from hand techniques used in attacking below belt after the 2010 International Judo Federation rule revision. ArchBudo Sci Mart Arts. 2013;9:1-6.
-  Adam M, Smaruj M, Tyszkowski S. The diagnosis of the technical-tactical preparation of judo competitors during the World Championships (2009-2010) in the light of new judo sport rules. ArchBudo Sci Mart Arts. 2011;7:5-8.
-  Sports and organization rules of the International Judo Federation. Lausanne; 2015.
-  Daigo T. Kodokan judo throwing techniques. Kodansha International. Tokyo, New York, London; 2005.
-  Nakanishi H. Seoi-nage. Ippon Books; 1992.
-  Yamashita Y. Osoto-gari. Ippon Books; 1991.
-  Sato N. Ashiwaza. Ippon Books; 1990.
-  Sugai H. Uchimata. Ippon Books; 1991.
-  Rouge J-L. Harai-goshi. Ippon Books;1991.
-  Kashiwazaki K. Osaekomi. Ippon Books; 1997.
-  Kashiwazaki K. Shimewaza. Ippon Books; 1992.
-  Adams N. Armlocks. Ippon Books; 1989.
-  Kawamura T, Daigo T. Kodokan New Japanese-English Dictionary of Judo. Tokyo: Kodokan Judo Institute;2000.
-  Adam M, Smaruj M, Laskowski R. Graficzna metoda rejestracji walki judo [A graphic method of registering a judo fight]. Sport Wyczynowy. 2005;5/6:33-43. Polish.
-  Yeoh O.O. Great Judo Championships of the World. Ippon Books; 1993.
-  Hicks S, Soames N. 50 Great Judo Champions. Ippon Books; 2001.
-  International Judo Federation. www.intjudo.eu
-  Adam M, Tabakov S, Błach Ł, Smaruj M. Characteristics of the technical-tactical preparation of male and female competitors participating in the Olympic Games – London 2012. Ido Movement for Culture. J Mart Arts Anthropol. 2013;2(13):75-88.
-  Boguszewski D. Relationships between the rules and the way of struggle applied by top world male judoists. ArchBudo. 2011;7:27-32.
-  Witkowski K, Maśliński J, Kotwica T. Analysis of fighting actions of judo competitors on the basis of the men’s tournament during the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. J Combat Sport Mart Arts. 2012; 2(3):121-129.
-  Nakamura I, Tanabe Y, Nanjyo M, et al. Analysis on World Senior Judo Championships in 1995-1999. Comparison in terms of winning point and winning techniques. Jpn Acad Budo. 2002;35(1):15-23.
-  Franchni E. and Sterkowicz S. Techniques used by judoists during the world and Olympic tournaments 1995-1999. Human Movement. 2000; 2(2): 24-332.
-  Heinisch HD, Oswald R. Features of the technical-tactical performance capacity of the world’s top judoka. In: International Association of Judo Researches (IAJR): Annals of the 5th International Judo Federation World Research Symposium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 12 September 2007.