Water relations in forested areas in the Tomaszow Lubelski forest division
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents results of observations and hydro-meteorological measurements in a small catchment of the Krynica River, representative of the Tomaszów Lubelski Forest Division. The presented analysis of components of the water balance, particularly the volume of runoff, indicates the advisability of the construction of two reservoirs in the Bełżec Forest District. These reservoirs are to serve as elements of the fire protection system and the water retention system. Through damming culverts they will be connected with the Krynica River. Presented results constitute the hydrological characteristic of the catchment prior to the change in the engineering infrastructure related with the construction of the reservoirs. A complete evaluation of the efficiency of the investment will be possible after the reservoirs have been put in operation.
- Byczkowski A. 1999. Hydrology. T. II, Publishing by SGGW, Warsaw. (in Polish).
- IPCC 2007 - The Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change. http://www.ipcc.ch/
- Kaszewski B.M. 2002. The climate of the Lublin Polesie and its changes. Acta Agrophysica. No. 66, 21-48.
- Klemeš V. 1993. Design implications of climate change. Proc. Conf. On Climate Change and Water Resources Management, Ballentine T., Stakhiv E., U.S. Army Institute for WaterResources, Fort Belvoir, USA.
- Kondracki J. 2001. Regional geography of Poland. PWN, Warsaw. (in Polish).
- Miler A. 1997. An application Konstantinoff method to calculation of field evaporation in river catchments. Proceedings II All-Polish Scientific Conference - Natural and technical problemsof protection and development in agricultural environment. Poznań-Sielinko, Publishingby Agricultural University, Poznan., 125-130. (in Polish).
- Specification of forest farm management for Forest Inspectorate Tomaszów Lubelski worked out on period 01.01.2000 - 31.12.2009, 2000. (typescript in Polish).
- Trampler T., Kliczkowska A., Dmyterko E., Sierpińska A. 1990. Natural and forest regional distribution of Poland on ecological and physic-geographical bases. PWRiL, Warsaw.
- Water reservoir in Forest Range Bełżec. 2009. Specification (Decision of permission RLO. 6223- 25/09 25.06.2009). (typescript in Polish).