Studies on riverbed erosion on the Raba river close to the Stroza gauging station
Treść / Zawartość
The aim of the paper is to present the studies on the riverbed erosion on the upper course of Raba river, located from km 81.829 to km 77.751, close to the Stróża gauging station located in km 80.600. This part of the river course is completely changed due to the Project concerning the extension of the Zakopianka road located close to the Raba river. The results of simulation of riverbed evolution before and after the Project carried out by two 1D models (RubarBE and Metoda) are analysed and discussed. The results of computation obtained by both models are verified by field observations carried out in 2001 (before the Project), and in 2009 year (after the Project). The trends of erosion and deposition correspond to the field observations for the dates before and after the Project. Another verification is possible to make for the Stróża cross-section, where observations of cross-sectional geometry and water stages have been carried out from 1900 year till now. The statistical model of riverbed erosion developed for Stróża also confirm the trends obtained there by 1D models.
- Kadi K.El., Łapuszek M., Paquier A. 2004. One dimensional sediment transport model and its application to the mountainous river (Raba), Selected Problems of Water Engineering,Politechnika Krakowska – Cemagref – Cemagref Editions 2004, BP 44, 92163 Antony, France.
- Łapuszek M.1999. The investigation and forecasting of riverbed erosion in the Carpathian river on the base of Dunajec river, Doctor’s Thesis, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków 1999 (in Polish).
- Meyer-Peter, E. Müller, R. 1948. Formulas for bed-load transport. Report on second meeting of IAHR. IAHR, Stockholm: p.39-64.
- Paquier, A. 1995. Modelling and simulation of the wave propagation developed by breaking of the dam.. PhD Thesis, Saint-Etienne: Université Jean Monnet (in French).
- Paquier, A. 2003. What are the problems to be solved by a 1-D river sediment transport model?Example of RubarBE software. Selected Problems of Water Engineering, PolitechnikaKrakowska – Cemagref – results of cooperation, Cemagref Editions 2004, BP 44, 92163 Antony, France : p.75-85.
- Piwowarczyk-Ogórek J. 2003. Closed to the nature river cross-section design in the case of the sediment transport equilibrium. PhD thesis, Cracow University of Technology (in Polish): p.89-90.
- Punzet J., Czulak J.1996. Changes of Carpathian tributaries of Vistula river: Soła, Skawa and Raba in XX Century. Gospodarka Wodna, nr 6. (in Polish)
- Ratomski J. 1983. The hydraulic method of predicting the bedload sedimentation in the reservoirs. Cracow University of Technology (in Polish), Zeszyty Naukowe nr 4, Kraków