Autonomous platform to protect maritime infrastructure facilities
Problems regarding the security of maritime infrastructure, especially harbours and offshore infrastructure, are currently a very hot topic. Due to these problems, there are some research projects in which the main goal is to decrease the gap and improve the methods of observation in the chosen area, for both in-air and underwater areas. The main goal of the paper is to show a new complex system for improving the security of the maritime infrastructure by means of many methods of observation – such as thermovision, optical devices, and radar systems – generally by means of an electromagnetic wave as a carrier of information in the air and acoustical methods in water. The system can be applied to the protection of maritime infrastructure as well as the coastal zone
- 1. Caiti A., Munafo A., Vettori G. (2009): System performance trade-off in underwater harbour protection, in Proceedings of Int. Conf. Underwater Acoustic Measurements 09.
- 2. Dobrucki A. B., et al. (2016): System for detection of the border violation on the Vistula Spit (in Polish), in VII International Tech-Science Conference NATCON ‘Naval Technologies for Defence and Security’, K. Andziulewicz, H. Jando, T. Szubrycht (editors). Gdynia, Maritime Technology Centre, pp. 1–19.
- 3. Fasano G., et al. (2009): Flight Test Results for a Multi Sensor Obstacle Detection and Tracking System for Sense and Avoid Applications, AIAA Infotech and Aerospace.
- 4. Grelowska G., Kozaczka E., Szymczak W. (2017): Acoustic Imaging Of Selected Areas Of Gdansk Bay With The Aid Of Parametric Echosounder And Side-Scan Sonar, Polish Maritime Research, 24(4), 35–41.
- 5. Kastek, M., et al. (2012): Multisensor system for the protection of critical infrastructure of a seaport: unattended ground, sea, and air sensor technologies and applications XIV, in Proceedings of SPIE – The International Society for Optical Engineering.
- 6. Kozaczka E., Grelowska G. (2018): Propagation of ShipGenerated Noise in Shallow Sea, Polish Maritime Research, 25(2), 37–46.
- 7. Kozaczka E., Grelowska G., Kozaczka S., Szymczak W. (2013): Diver Observations By Means Of Acoustic Methods, Acta Physica Polonica A, 123(6), 1098–1100.
- 8. Luo J., et al. (2013): Denoising and tracking of sonar video imagery for underwater security monitoring systems, in Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), Shenzhen, China.
- 9. Piva S. et al. (2009): Heterogeneous sensors data fusion issues for harbour security, in NATO Security through Science, Series C: Environmental Security.
- 10. Rhodes B. J., et al. (2005): Maritime situation monitoring and awareness using learning mechanisms, in Proceedings of IEEE MILCOM 2005 Military Communications Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, USA.
- 11. Seibert M., et al., (2006): SeeCoast port surveillance, in Proceedings of SPIE 6204, 62040B.
- 12. Suchman D. (2005): Basic do’s and don’ts of designing, installing and operating a harbor protection system, Proceedings of TICA’05.
- 13. Yan G., et al. (2011): General active position detectors protect VANET security, in Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Broadband and Wireless Computing Communication and Applications, 6103009, 11–17