Ocena skutecznosci szczepionek w immersji przeciwko jersiniozie u narybku pstraga teczowego [Oncorhynchus mykiss]
Evaluation of the effectiveness of immersion vaccination against yersinosis in juvenile rainbow trout [Oncorhynchus mykiss]
The aim of the study was to determine the effectiveness of immersion vaccination against yersinosis of juvenile rainbow trout. Juvenile rainbow trout of various body weights were studied each time, as follows: 4-5 g, 10-12 g, 20-22 g, 50-55 g. The fish were held in tanks in an oxygenated water recirculating system at a temperature of 12°C, and then 300 fish from each group were segregated by weight into three groups of 100 individuals. The fish were immersed for about 30 seconds in the vaccines Yersivac and AquaVac ERM. The control group comprised fish that were not vaccinated. Sixty days after vaccination, all of the groups were exposed experimentally to the pathogenic bacteria Yersinia ruckeri by intraperitoneal injection, and the number of fish deaths was registered. The survival rate in all of the fish groups vaccinated by immersion in Yersivac was similar at about 95%, while survival in the groups of fish that were not vaccinated was 15-25%, depending on the weight of the fish. Comparative studies indicated that auto-vaccination with the Polish vaccine resulted in higher resistance against Y. ruckeri than did that with the imported vaccine AquaVac ERM, following the administration of which survival was 78-85%, depending on the body weight of the vaccinated fish.
- Evensen O. 2009 - Development in fish vaccinology with focus on delivery methodologies, adjuvants and formulations - Options Mediterraneennes 86: 177-186.
- Grudniewska J., Dobosz S., Terech-Majewska E., Zalewski T., Siwicki A.K. 2010 - Ekonomiczny i zdrowotny wymiar stosowania szczepień przeciwko furunkulozie i jersiniozie w podchowie pstrąga tęczowego - Komun. Ryb. 1: 18-21.
- Gudding R„ Lillehaug A., Evensen O. 1999 - Recent developments in fish vaccinology - Vet. Immun. Immunopathol. 72: 203-2012.
- Siwicki A.K., Morand M., Klein P., Studnicka M., Terech-Majewska E. 1998a - Modulation of nonspecific defence mechanisms and protection against diseases in fish - Acta Vet. Brno 67: 323-328.
- Siwicki A.K., Morand M., Terech-Majewska E., Niemczuk W., Kazuń K., Głąbski E. 1998b - Influence of immunostimulants on the effectiveness of vaccine in fish: in vitro and in vivo study - J. Appl. Ichthyol. 14: 225-227.
- Siwicki A.K., Morand M., Fuller J., Nissen S., Kazuń K., Głąbski E. 2001 - Influence of HMB on the antibody secreting cells (ASC) after in vitro and in vivo immunization with the anti-Yersinia ruckeri vaccine of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) - Vet. Res. 32: 491 -498.
- Siwicki A.K., Grawiński E., Terech-Majewska E., Trapkowska S., Kazuń B. 2001 - Ocena skuteczności polskiej szczepionki przeciw jersiniozie u pstrąga tęczowego (Oncorhynchus mykiss) - W: Problemy Rybactwa Polskiego w 2001, Wyd. IRS, Olsztyn: 79-84.
- Siwicki A.K., Morand M. 2000 - Fish Vaccines - actual knowledge. EFIS 2000 - Infectious Immunity and Vaccines 1: 37.
- Siwicki A.K., Morand M., Kazuń K., Keck N., Głąbski E. 2002 - Application of anti-stress products in aquaculture: influence of Propiscin on the effectiveness of anti-Yersinia ruckeri vaccine in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) - Arch. Pol. Fish. 10: 143-152.
- Toranzo A.E. 2010 - Report about fish bacterial diseases - resources.ciheam.org/om/pdf /b49/04600220.pdf
- Van Muiswinkel W.B., Cooper E.L. 1992 - Immunology and immunization of fish - Dev. Comp. Immunol. 2: 250-260.