The mechanical properties of coal gasification slag as a component of concrete and binding mixtures
Gasification in entrained flow reactors is now one of the most dynamically developed technologies of thermal conversion of coal. The basic, solid by-product of this process is slag, and in some cases also fly ash. In Poland, so far there have been no examples of industrial application of coal gasification. However, the high popularity of such systems in the world indicates the possibility of the appearance in Poland in the future, along with by-products of gasification. To pre-determine the possible future directions of management of this type of material, slag from coal gasification in foreign installation was obtained and tested. This article discusses the possibility of using slag from gasification of coal as a component of concrete and binding mixtures. The mechanical properties of such composites were tested because of the different content of the slag, the type of cement used, and the seasoning time.
- 1. CHMIELNIAK T., TOMASZEWICZ G. Gasification of solid fuels - the actual state and expected directions of development. Karbo 3, 191, 2012 [In Polish].
- 2. Clean energy, chemicals and fuels from coal - evaluation of the development potential. Edited by T. BOROWIECKI, J. KIJEŃSKI, J. MACHNIKOWSKI, M. ŚCIĄŻKO. Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal, Zabrze, 2008 [In Polish].
- 3. HIGMAN CH., VAN DER BURGT M. Gasification. GPP Elsevier. 2008.
- 4. POMYKAŁA R., MAZURKIEWICZ M. The coal gasification process in the light of properties of arising wastes. Przegląd Górniczy 7-8, 183, 2011 [In Polish].
- 5. AINETO M., ACOSTA A., RINCON J.M., ROMERO M. Production of lightweight aggregates from coal gasification fly ash and slag. World of Coal Ash (WOCA), Lexington, USA, 2005. www.flyash.info, 2005.
- 6. ACOSTA A., IGLESIAS I., AINETO M., ROMERO M., RINCÓN J.MA. Utilisation of IGCC slag and clay steriles in soft mud bricks (by pressing) for use in building bricks manufacturing. Waste Manage. 22, 887, 2002.
- 7. AINETO M., ACOSTA A., IGLESIAS I. The role of a coal gasification fly ash as clay additive in building ceramic. J Eur. Ceram. Soc, 26, 3783, 2006.
- 8. CHEN L-M., CHOU M-I.M., CHOU S-F. J., STUCKI J.W. Production fired bricks using coal slag from gasification plant in Indiana. World of Coal Ash (WOCA) Conference, Lexington, 2009.
- 9. POMYKAŁA R., MAZURKIEWICZ M. Selected properties of the waste from coal gasification. Przegląd Górniczy 1/2, 100, 2011 [In Polish].
- 10. POMYKAŁA R.: Properties of waste from coal gasification in entrained flow reactors in the aspect of their use in mining technology. Arch. Min. Sci., 58, (2), 2013.
rekord w opracowaniu