Wood-based panels for land transport uses
Treść / Zawartość
Wood-based panels are widely used in the transport sector, thanks in particular to their properties in terms of lightness and mechanical strength. Furthermore, they offer additional benefits, such as sound insulation or fire resistance. The present paper takes into account the different wood-based panels used for building the main typologies of land transport vehicles: buses and cars, trucks and other commercial vehicles, motorhomes and caravans, and railways vehicles. The aim here is to give an overview of these products, their historical and current uses, as well as taking into account future developments.
- Baldwin R.F. : Plywood and veneer-based products: manufacturing practices. Miller Freeman Inc, San Francisco, CA
- Barbu M.C., Reh R., Irle M. : Wood based composites. In: Research Developments in Wood Engineering and Technology. IGI Global, p. 1–45
- Cai Z., Ross R.J. : Mechanical Properties of Wood-Based Composite Materials. In: Wood-handbook: Wood as an engineering material. USDA Forest Service, Madison, 12.1–12.12
- Clemons C.M. : Woodfiber-plastic composites in the United States – History and current and future markets. Forest Products Journal 52 : 10–18
- Cremonini C., Negro F., Zanuttini R. : Wood based panels for special applications: Marine uses. In: Performance in use and new products of wood based composites. Brunel University Press, London, p. 295–315
- Davies J.M. : Lightweight Sandwich Construction. Blackwell Science, Chichester, UK Hardeo P., Karunasena W. : Buckling of fibre-reinforced plywood plates. International Conference on Structural Stability and Dynamics, 16–18 December 2002, p. 442–447
- Huda M.S., Drzal L.T., Mohanty A.K., Misra M. : Wood fiber reinforced poly(lactic acid) composites. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 102 : 4856–4869
- Risbrudt C.D., Ross R.J., Blankenburg J.J., Nelson C.A. : Forest Products Laboratory supporting the nation’s armed forces with valuable wood research for 90 years. Forest Products Journal 57 [1/2]: 7–14
- Schonherr H. : Beech plywood for freight wagons. Holzzentralblatt 86 : 1821–1823 Triantafillou T.C. : Shear reinforcement of wood using FRP materials. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 9 : 65–69
- Youngquist J.A. : Unlikely partners? The marriage of wood and non-wood materials. Forest Products Journal 45 : 25–30
- Youngquist J.A. : Wood-based composites and panel products. In: Wood handbook: wood as an engineering material. USDA Forest Service, Madison, p. 10.1–10.31
- List of standards
- EN 204:2001 Classification of thermoplastic wood adhesives for non-structural applications
- EN 205:2003 Adhesives – Wood adhesives for non-structural applications – Determination of tensile shear strength of lap joints
- EN 314-1:2004 Plywood. Bonding quality – Part 1: Test methods.
- EN 314-2:1993 Plywood. Bonding quality. Requirements.
- EN 350-2:1994 Durability of wood and wood-based products – Natural durability of solid wood – Part 2: Guide to natural durability and treatability of selected wood species of importance in Europe
- EN 636:2012+A1:2015 Plywood – Specifications