Re-inventing the production of adhesive from Cassava starch as a career opportunity in chemistry education
Treść / Zawartość
The present study is aimed at investigating the properties of Cassava starch for the production of adhesives as a career opportunity in chemistry education. Method of starch extraction, characterization and adhesive production for quality assessment was performed. The results showed that adhesives produced with sodium hydroxide as a gelatinization enhancer has a maximum drying time of 8.60 minutes and had a stronger bond. The work concludes that the adhesive produced is of good quality and can lead to re-inventing chemistry education as a career opportunity. However, the Cassava adhesive met the basic requirement for adhesive use and application. At the end recommendations were made, among others increase employment opportunities, also diversify the economic base of farmers and there is need for reorientation and attitudinal change towards entrepreneurial job.
-  Adeyemo S. A., Journal of Science and Technology Education Research 1 (2010) 1-19.
-  Akpa J. G., Research Journal in Engineering and Applied Science 1(4) (2012) 214-219.
-  Aloko D. F., Adebayo G. A., Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 2(2) (2007) 440-444.
-  Angraini V., Sudarmonowati E., Hartati N. S., Visser R. G. F., Starch/starke 61 (2009) 472-481.
-  Amine M., Ahmed A., Antonio P., Fatima C., Bertrand C., Maderas ciencia Y Tecnologia 12(3) (2010) 189-197.
-  Burrell M. M., Journal of Experimental Botany 54(382) (2003) 451-456.
-  Darkwa N A, Jetuah F. K. Sekyere (2003). Preparation of cassava flour for Production of adhesive for the manufacture of paperboard.
-  Gracia A. M, Walter M. V. V., Starch/starke 50 (1998) 331-337.
-  Hoover R., Polymer 45 (2001) 253-267.
-  Alamu Salawu Abideen, International Letters of Natural Sciences 4 (2013) 26-33.