Mathematical modelling of rainfall runoff from small catchments of the northwest coast of the Black Sea
Treść / Zawartość
This article is devoted to the use of a mathematical model of a flood runoff for calculating rainfall runoff hydrographs from small catchments of the northwest coast of the Black Sea. The described model was tested and applied for the following catchments located in various geographical conditions, with various amounts of initial data: experimental catchments in Zacarpathian, the northwest of the Black Sea region – Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova, small catchments of the northern part of Vietnam, etc. This work was carried out on the basis of Moldavian Water-Balance Station databases. The development of a complex approach to a mathematical simulation of the formation of the processes of rain floods from small catchments is also given further investigation in this article. A brief description of the structure of a flood runoff spatial model from small catchments then provided. As well as this, the advantages of using radiolocation measurement of rainfall in the mathematical modeling of the formation of a flood runoff are shown. The results of construction runoff hydrographs confirm the possibility of applying this spatial model with the use of radar information. The optimization of model parameters was made with the data of 123 floods. The values of the quality criterion S/σ turned out not to exceed the value 0.8 in 81% of the considered cases of floods.
- Befany A.N., 1958, Bases of the theory of a storm flow (in Russian), Proceedings of the Odessa Hydrometeorological Institute, 14 (2), 311
- Befany N.F., Kalinin G.P., 1983, Exercises and Methodological Developments in Hydrological Forecasts (in Russian), Hydrometeopublishing, 384 pp.
- Beven K., 1988, The models with distributed parameters. Hydrogeological Forecasting, M.G. Anderson, T.P. Bert, World, 497-533
- Beven K., 1996, Topmodel: a critique, Hydrological Processes, 11 (9), 1069-1085, DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-1085(199707)11:9<1069::AID-HYP545>3.0.CO;2-O
- Daus M.E., 1989, Calculation of the parameters of soil humidity equations based on the data of artificial rainfall for the territory of the Black Sea Western Coast (in Russian), deposited in VNIIHMI-MCD, 903-gm89
- Ischuk O.O., Obodovs’kii O.G., Konovalenko O.S., 2002, The interaction of GIS and the problem-oriented modeling complex in the systems of forecasting and assessment of the impact of emergencies related to floods (in Ukrainian), Hydrology, Hydrochemistry and Hydroecology, 3, 53-59
- Ivanenko A.G., 1983, Calculation of a rainfall runoff hydrograph taking into account a dynamic of velocity lag and an overland runoff (in Russian), Proceedings of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Institute, 194, 32-41
- Ivanenko A.G., 1986, Rain flood computation on the basis of the account of factors of field runoff (in Russian), Water Resources, 4, 38-46
- Ivanenko A.G., 2007, Mathematical Modelling of Hydroecological Systems (in Ukrainian), Ecology, 144 pp.
- Ivanenko A.G., Daus M.E., Konareva L.N., 1989, Calculation of rainfall field based on the data of Kotovsk radar complex (MWBS) (in Russian), Deposited in VNIIHMI-MCD, 947-gm89
- Ivanenko A.G., Daus M.E., Zakharova M.V., 2006, Modelling a rain flash and chemical runoff from small watersheds of the north-west part of the Black Sea (in Ukrainian), Black Sea Ecological Bulletin, 3-4, 113-119
- Ivanenko A.G., Zakharova M.V., 2003, Kinematic model of runoff water and chemical substances (in Russian), Meteorology, Climatology and Hydrology, 47, 168-178
- Jakubiak B., Szturc J., Ośródka K., Jurczyk A., 2014, Experiments with three-dimensional radar reflectivity data assimilation into the COAMPS model, Meteorology, Hydrology and Water Management, 2 (1), 43-54
- Kondratyev S.A., 2007, Formation of External Loading on Water Bodies: The issues of Simulation (in Russian), Science, 253 pp.
- Kuchment L.S., Gelfan A.N., 1993, Dynamic-Stochastic Models of Formation of River Flow (in Russian), Science, 104 pp.
- Smith R.E., Goodrich D.C., Woolhiser D.A., Unkrich C.L., 1995, A kinematic runoff and erosion model, Computer Models of Watershed Hydrology, 697-732
- Zakharova M.V., 2008a, Estimation of exactness of calculations of flow hydrographs based on the method of water balances and the model of kinematic wave (in Ukrainian), Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Journal, 3, 197-201
- Zakharova M.V., 2008b, Modelling of the processes of runoff water on the small catchments of the Ukrainian Carpathians (in Ukrainian), Herald of the Hydrometeorological Center of the Black and Azov Seas, 4 (8), 106-112