Chemical composition of cherry fruit from the cultivars Kelleris 16 and Lutowka depending on different water conditions and fertilization
Treść / Zawartość
The research was conducted in 2011-2012, at the Experimental Station in Lipnik near Stargard Szczeciński, on soil classified as Haplic Cambisol, with low useful water retention. The experiment was designed with a split-plot method and repeated seven times. Grass cover was maintained in the row middles while the area underneath the trees was kept as herbicide fallow. The trees were planted in 4x2 m spacing. The assessment concerned the influence of irrigation and NK fertilisation on the dry matter and chemical composition of cherry fruit from the cultivars Kelleris 16 and Łutówka. Micro-irrigation was used at water potential in soil lower than 0.01 MPa. According to agronomic recommendations, nitrogen fertilizers were applied in early spring and potassium fertilizers in autumn in the following doses: 0 NK (control, no fertilization), 1 NK – 80 kg.ha-1 (40+40), 2 NK - 160 kg.ha-1(80+80), according to agronomic recommendations. Ammonium nitrate containing 34% of nitrogen and potash salt containing 60% of potassium were used for fertilization. Observations of the irrigated trees showed an increase in the dry mass in their fruit, as well as a decrease in nitrogen, potassium and magnesium concentrations, but an increase in the amount of calcium. Chemical analyses of the fruit harvested from the trees fertilized with nitrogen and potassium demonstrated an increase in the analysed traits (macro- and micronutrients), at both 1NK and 2NK fertilization levels.
- Amiri me., Fallahi E., Golchin A.. 2008. Influence of foliar and ground fertilization on yield, fruit quality, and soil, leaf, and fruit mineral nutrients in apple. J. Plant Nutrit., 31(3): 515-525.
- Brzozowski P., Klimek G. 2010. Profitability of sour cherry production in Poland in 2000-2010. Zesz. Nauk. Inst. Sad. Kwiac.,14: 181-193. (in Polish)
- Chalmers D.J., Mitchell P.D., Jerie P.H. 1985. The relation between irrigation, growth and productivity of peach trees. Acta Hort., 173: 283-288.
- Chełpiński P., Mikiciuk G., Krzywy-Gawrońska E., Puszczewicz G. 2009a. Influence of fertilization on the content of some macro- and microelements in fruits and leaves of peach cv. Redhaven. Zesz. Probl. Post. Nauk. Rol., 538: 29-33. (in Polish)
- Chełpiński P., Mikiciuk G., Krzywy-Gawrońska E., Puszczewicz G. 2009b. Influence of fertilizes Fructus, Ogrodnik and Timag 37 n pro on the chemical composition of fruits and leaves of apple trees of cv. Idared. Zesz. Probl. Post. Nauk. Rol., 538: 35-40. (in Polish)
- Chełpiński P., Mikiciuk G., Krzywy-Gawrońska E. 2009c. Influence of fertilization on the content of some macro- and microelements in fruits and leaves of pear cv. Komisówka. Zesz. Probl. Post. Nauk. Rol., 538: 23-27. (in Polish)
- UNG. 1972. Laboratory analytical methods in agricultural chemistry stations. Part II. Analyses of plant material. IUNG Puławy, 25-83.
- IUSS WORKING GROUP WR B. 2014. World Reference Base for Soil Resources. World Soil Resources Reports. FAO, Rome, 106.
- Jaroszewska A. 2011. Quality of fruit cherry, peach and plum cultivated under different water and fertilization regimes. J. Elem., 16(1): 51-58.
- Kiczorowska B., Kiczorowski P., Bochniarz A. 2006. Chemical composition of flesh and skin of Jonica and Szampion apple varieties produced in orchards in the province of Lublin. ActaAgroph., 8(2): 375-383. (in Polish)
- Koo R.C.J. 1980. Results of citrus fertigation studies. Proc. Fla. State Hort. Soc., 93:33-36.
- Lipa T., Szot I. 2013. Effect of fertilization methods on growth of pear trees, yielding and fruit quality. Mod. Phytomorphol., 4: 55-58.
- Mahhou A., Dejong T.M., Shackel K.S., Cao T. 2006. Water stress and crop load effects on yield and fruit quality of Elegant Ladypeach [Prunus persica (L.) Batch]. Fruits, 61: 407- 418.
- Nava G., Dechen A.R., Ribeiro G. 2007. Nitrogen and potassium fertilization affect apple fruit quality in Southern Brazil. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal., 39(1-2): 96-107.
- Ochmian I., Ostrowska K., Chełpiński P. 2006. Effects of fertilization and irrigation on the chemical components in leaves and fruits on five apple cultivars. Fol. Univ. Agric. Stetin., Agric., 248(101): 299-307. (in Polish)
- Ochmian I. 2012. The impact of foliar application of calcium fertilizers on the quality of highbush blueberry fruits belonging to the Duke cultivar. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca., 40(2): 163-169.
- Ochmian I., Kozos K. 2015. Influence of foliar fertilisation with calcium fertilisers on the firmness and chemical composition of two highbush blueberry cultivars. J. Elem., 20(1): 185-201.
- Ozden M., Vardin H., Simsek M., Karaaslan M. 2010. Effects of rootstocks and irrigation levels on grape quality of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Shiraz. Afr. J. Biotechnol., 9(25): 3801-3807.
- Pacheco C., Calouro F., VieiraS. , Santos F., Neves N., Curado F., Franc o J., Rodrigues S., Antun es D. 2008. Influence of nitrogen and potassium on yield, fruit quality and mineral composition of kiwifruit. Int. J. Energy Environ., 1(2): 9-15.
- Podsiadło C., Jaroszewska A., Rumasz -Rudnicka E., Kowalewska R. 2009. Changes in the chemical composition of fruit of cherry trees cultivated under different water and fertilizer conditions. Infrastr. Ekol. Teren. Wiej., 3: 223-231. (in Polish)
- Podsiadło C., Jaroszewska A. 2013. Effect of irrigation and fertilization of nitrogen and potassium and the photosynthetic activity of cherry. Infrastr. Ekol. Teren. Wiej., 2/I:93-102. (in Polish)
- Polish Soils Systematics. 2011. Rocz. Glebozn ., 62(3): 1-193.(in Polish)
- Rzekanowski CZ., Rolbiecki S. 1996. Influence of drip irrigation on some characteristics of yield from selected species of fruit plants. Zesz. Probl. Post. Nauk Rol., 438: 213-217. (in Polish)
- Santos T.P., Lopes C.M., Rodrigues M.L., Souza C.R., Silva J.R., Maroco J.P., Pereira J.S.,
- Chaves M.M. 2007. Effects of deficit irrigation strategies on cluster microclimate for improving fruit composition of Moscatel field-grown grapevines. Sci. Hortic., 112: 321-330.
- Sarker B.C., Rahim M.A. 2012. Effects of doses and splits of fertilizer application on harvesting time, yield and quality of mango cv. amrapali. Bangladesh J. Agric. Res., 37(2): 279-293.
- Sotiropoulos T., Kalfoun tzos D., Aleksiou I., Kotsopoulos S., Koutinas N. 2010. Response of Clingstone peach cultivar to regulated deficit irrigation. Scientia Agricola., 67(2): 164-169.
- Stampar F., Hudina M., Dolenc K., Usenik V. 1999. Influence of foliar fertilization on yield quantity and quality of apple (Malus domestica Borkh.). http://download.springer.com.
- Szot I., Lipa T. 2012. Influence of Betokson Super and fertilizers on chemical composition of fruits and leaves of blue honeysuckle. Acta Sci. Pol., Hort. Cult., 11(5): 113-125.
- Tavarini S., Gil M.I., Tomas-Barberan F.A., Buendia B., Remorini D., Massai R., Degl’Inn ocenti E., Guidi L. 2011. Effects of water stress and rootstocks on fruit phenolic composition and physical/chemical quality in Suncrest peach. Ann Appl. Biol., 158: 226-233. www.stat.gov.pl
- Zydlik Z., Pacholak E. 1999. Effect of fertigation on storability of Golden Delicious apples. http://www.nawadnianie.inhort.pl/ (in Polish)