The analysis of changes of water stores in clay soil on the background of weather conditions in Puczniew area
Treść / Zawartość
This paper examines the changes in stocks of water in clay soils against precipitation and changes in the groundwater table. The study was conducted during the summer period (May-September) in 2001 and 2002. According to the Kaczorowska` s criteria (1962) the year 2001 was very wet, and the 2002 – average. In 2001, ground water table was at a depth of 0 to 190 cm below ground surface level, and in 2002, from 50 cm to 150 cm below the surface. Water storages in the root zone (0-35 cm) developed in 2001 at the level of 100 to 125 mm, in 2002, from 88 mm to 122 mm.
- Baryła A. Calculation the spans of dorsal terraces. Ph.D. thesis. 2004, The typescript, SGGW (in Polish), pp.108.
- Baryła A. Karczmarczyk A., Frąk M. Characteristics of precipitation at the meteorological station Puczniew in 1972-2002. Infrastructure and ecology of rural areas. 3/III, 2012, pp. 17-26 (in Polish).
- Beldring S. Gottschalk L. Seibert J. Tallaksen, L. M. Distribution of soil moisture and groundwater levels at patch and catchment scales. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, vol. 98-991999, pp. 305-324.
- Biniak-Piróg M., Żyromski A., Baryła A., An assessment of rainfall effectiveness in the formation of water resources in brown bare soil. Water-Environment-Rural Areas, vol. 12(4) 2012,pp. 45-58 (in Polish).
- Bronswijk J.J.B., Relation between vertical soil movements and water–content changes in cracking clays. Soil Sci. Am. J., 55, 1991, pp. 1220-1226.
- Kaczorowska Z., Precipitation in Poland in long-period averages. Geographical Studies, No. 33. Geological Publishing. Warsaw, 1962, pp.72 (in Polish).
- Klamkowski K., Treder W., Tryngiel Gać A., Wójcik K., Impact of quantity and intensity of precipitation on changes in soil water content in an apple orchard. Infrastructure and ecology of rural areas, No. 2011/05, 2011, pp. 115-126 (in Polish).
- Liberacki D., Dynamics of water levels and water content in soils variation in Hutka Watercourse Catchment. Yearbook of Environmental Protection. Vol. 13, 2011, pp. 1927-1942 (in Polish).
- Oleszczuk R., Chrzanowski S., Gnatowski T., The analysis of moisture regime in peat-muck soil profile within the range of sub-irrigation system.Water-Environment-Rural Areas, vol. 12(1/37), 2012, pp. 93-104 (in Polish).
- Radzka E., Jankowska J., Koc G., Rak J., Impact of droughts on potato yielding in central-eastern Poland. Fragmenta Agronomica, vol. 27(4), 2010, pp. 111–118 (in Polish).
- Schmuck A., Koźmiński G., Spatial frequency distribution of atmospheric drought in Poland. Geographical Journal, 38, 1967, p. 3. (in Polish).
- Treder W., Konopacki P., Impact of quantity and intensity of rainfall he soil water content in an orchard located in the central part of Poland. Journal of Water and Land Development, no.3, 1999, pp. 47-58.
- Wanke A., Drainage operation and improvement of its effectiveness in low permeable soils. Ph.D. thesis. 1977, The typescript, SGGW pp.122 (in Polish).
- Żyromski A., Effect of agrometeorological conditions on water supplies in light soil characterized by spring ascent. SE of Agricultural Academy in Wroclaw, No. 404, CLXXVIII, 2001,pp.134 (in Polish).