Angus Deaton - the Nobel Prize laureate in Economic Sciences in 2015
Treść / Zawartość
In 2015 Angus Stewart Deaton was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. The article discusses the Nobel Prize winner’s scientific activity and accomplishments for which he was awarded. The Nobel Committee justified their decision to award him the prize by the significance of Deaton’s research work for economic development, especially in consumption, welfare and poverty economics. Deaton started his scientific career by studying economics at university. At present he is a professor of economics.
- 1. Angus Deaton wins Nobel Prize in economics. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/12/angus-deaton-wins-nobel-prize-ineconomics (accessed 19 December 2015).
- 2. Deaton A. CURRICULUM VITAE http://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/deaton/files/deaton_cv_oct2015.pdf (accessed 30 November 2015).
- 3. Deaton, A. (1992):Understanding Consumption, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
- 4. Deaton, A. (1997):The Analysis of Household Surveys: A Microeconomic Approach to Development Policy, John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- 5. Deaton, A. (2003a): Health, Inequality, and Economic Development, Journal of EconomicLiterature41(1), 113-158.
- 6. Deaton, A. and J. Muellbauer (1980a), “An Almost Ideal Demand System”, American Economic Review 70(3), 312-326.
- 7. The Committee for the Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel: Scientific Background on the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2015. Angus Deaton: Consumption, Poverty and Welfare. http://www.nobelprize.org (accessed 30 November 2015).
- 8. The Committee for the Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel: Scientific Background on the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2015. Consumption, Great and Small. http://www.nobelprize.org (accessed 12 December 2015).