Morphology and Yield parameters and Biochemical analysis of Soybean (Glycine max (L.) Mrr.) Using Gamma rays, EMS and DES treatment
Treść / Zawartość
Soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) var. Co-1 seeds were treated with physical mutagen namely such as gamma rays and chemical mutagen namely such as Ethyl Methane Sulphonate (EMS) and Diethyl Sulphate (DES). Various concentrations of gamma rays 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 KR, EMS (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6 %) and DES (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6 %). The morphological parameters such as days to first flower, plant height, number of cluster per plant, number of pod per plan, seed yield per plant, number of branches per plant, number of leaves per plant, protein content and oil content increasing with increasing level of some doses gamma rays, Ethyl methane sulphonate and Diethyl sulphate treatment in M2 and M3 generation were carried out. A number of mutants were recorded in M2 and M3 generations for one or more traits viz., plant height, maturity, branching, pigmentation, fruit size and yield were isolated in M2 and M3 generation. Mean for various characters increased at mutagenic treatment than control. The yield parameters like plant height, number of cluster per plant, number of seeds per plant and seed yield per plant were recorded the moderated and high mean value in the 50 KR of gamma rays 0.5% of EMS and 0.4% of DES treated population with compared to control plants.
-  Amarnath, K.C.N., S.R. Viswanatha and G. Shivashankar, 1991. Genotypic and phenotypic variability and heritability of some quantitative characters in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merill). Mysore J. Agric. Sci., 25: 26-31.
-  Arulbalachandran, D. 2006. Effect of Physical and Chemical mutagensis in black gram (Nigna mungo (L.) Hepper Var. VPN-1. Ph.D, Thesis. Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu.
-  Atta, B.M., M. Ahsan ul Haq, T.M. Sadiq, M. Sadiq, Mahmud ul Hassan and H. Syed, 2003. Induced flower colour mutations in chickpea. Int. Chickpea and Pigeon pea Newsl., 10: 6-7.
-  Balakrishnan, P.C., 1991. Induced mutagenesis in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merill). Ph.D. Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agrl. Univ.,
-  Cheng, T.S. and J.M. Chandlee, 1999. The structural, biochemical and genetic characterization of a new radiation-induced, variegated leaf mutant of soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.). Proc. Natl. Sci. Counc., 23(1): 27-37.
-  Cox, H.E. and D. Pearson, 1962. In: Chemical analysis of foods. Chemical Publishing Co., Inc., New York, p. 420.
-  Deepalakshmi, A.J. and C.R. Anandakumar, 2003. Efficiency and effectiveness of physical and chemical mutagens in urdbean (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). Madras Agric. J., 90 (7-9): 485-489.
-  Deepalakshmi, A.J. and C.R. Anandakumar, 2004. Frequency and spectrum of viable mutants in M2 generation of blackgram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). Legume Res., 27(3): 201-204.
-  Dhole, V.J., J.J. Maheshwari and S. Patil, 2003. Studies on mutations induced by EMS in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill). Agric. Sci. Digest., 23(3): 226-228.
-  Geetha, K., 1994. Studies on induced mutation in two distinct varieties of soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merill). Ph.D. Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agrl. Univ., Coimbatore.
-  Hymowitz, T. and C.A. Newell, 1981. Taxonomy of the genus Glycine, domestication and uses of soybean. Econ. Bot., 35: 272-288.
-  Inayatullah, L. and C.S. Smyth, 1987. Effect of gamma irradiation in physico-chemical characteristics of soybean. Nucleus Pakistan, 24(3-4): 31-34.
-  Jayamala, V., 2004. Induced chemical mutagenesis in greengram (Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek). M.Phil. (Bot.) Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu.
-  Kawakita, V., 1995. High stearic acid soybean mutant induced by X-ray irradiation. Biosci. Biotech. Biochem., 59: 922-933.
-  Maheshwari, J.J., V.J. Dhole, Shanti Patil and D.R. Rathod, 2003. Radiation induced variability for quantitative characters in soybean. J. Soils and Crops, 13 (2): 314-316.
-  Pavadai, P. and D. Dhanavel, 2004. Effect of EMS, DES and colchicine treatment in soybean. Crop Res., 28(1-3): 118-120.
-  Pavadai, P. and D. Dhanavel, 2005. Effect of gamma rays on yield and its components in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr. var. CO 1). Crop Res., 30(3): 459-461.
-  Pavadai. P 2006. Studies on induced mutagenesis on soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) Ph.D Thesis, Faculty of Science, Annamala University, Annamalai Nagar.
-  Sasi, A., 2004. Effect of chemical mutagenesis in bhendi (Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench.). M.Phil. Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu.
-  Sattar, A., Neelofar and M.A. Akhtar, 1990. Irradiation and germination effects on phytate, protein and amino acids of soybean. Plant Foods Hum. Nutr., 40(3): 185-194.
-  Velasco, A., B. Perez-Vich and J.M. Fernandez-Martinez, 1999. The role of mutagenesis in the modification of the fatty acid profile of oilseed crops. J. Appl. Genet., 40(3):185-209.
-  Yang Shouping, G. Yunyi and X. Hanqing, 1998. A genetic and cytomorphological study on the male sterile mutant NJ 89-1 in soybean. Soybean Science, 17(1): 32-38.