Cyanobacterial diversity from seven mangrove environments of Kerala, India
Treść / Zawartość
A survey on the cyanobacterial biodiversity of 7 mangrove environments viz. Vallikunnu, Kadalundi, Kallayi, Mangalavanam, Kumbalam, Kumarakom and Mekkara mangroves of Kerala was undertaken during 2014-2016. In total, 31 species of cyanobacteria coming under 10 genera and 4 families were recorded in all mangrove environments. Maximum species (13 species) of cyanobacteria were recorded from Kadalundi, whereas the minimum was recorded from Mangalavanam (2 species). The genus Oscillatoria was observed with maximum distribution (13 species), followed by Nostoc (5 species) and Lyngbya (3 species). The genus Aphanocapsa, Microcoleus and Scytonema (2 species each) and Chroococcus, Aphanothece, Merismopedia, and Phormidium (1 species each) shows equal distribution. As many as three species, namely Oscillatoria salina, Oscillatoria ornata and Oscillatoria vizagapatensis were common in all mangrove environments except Mangalavanam and Mekkara.
-  Kathiresan K. and Bingham B. L. 2001. Biology of mangroves and mangrove ecosystems. Adv. Mar. Biol., 40. 81-251.
-  Kesarwani S., Tandon R. and Tiwari G. L. 2015 a. Frequently encountered morpho-species of Oscillatoria Vaucher (Cyanoprokaryota) from India. J. Indian bot. Soc. 94(1&2), 40-51.
-  Kesarwani S., Tandon R. and Tiwari G. L. 2015 b. The genus Oscillatoria Vaucher (Cyanoprokaryota) from India. Phykos, 45(1), 18-29.
-  Nedumaran T., Rajasekar K. T. and Perumal P. 2008. Mangrove associated cyanobacteria at Pichavaram, Tamil Nadu. Seaweed Research and Utilization, 30, 77-85.
-  Sakthivel K and Kathiresan K. 2013. Cyanobacterial diversity from mangrove sediment of South East Coast of India. Asian Journal of Biodiversity, 4, 190-203.
-  Selvakumar G. and Sundararaman M. 2001. Mangrove associated cyanobacterial species in Muthupet estuary. Seaweed Research and Utilization, 23(1&2), 19-22.
-  Silambarasan G., Ramanathan T. and Kathiresan K. 2012. Diversity of marine cyanobacteria from three mangrove environment in Tamil Nadu coast, South East coast of India. Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences, 4(3), 235-238.
-  Arnaud Taton, Stana Grubisic, Evelyne Brambilla, Rutger De Wit and Annick Wilmotte. Cyanobacterial Diversity in Natural and Artificial Microbial Mats of Lake Fryxell (McMurdo Dry Valleys, Antarctica): a Morphological and Molecular Approach. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. September 2003 vol. 69 no. 9 5157-5169
-  Mengling Zhu, Gongliang Yu, Xiaochuang Li, Wenhua Tan, Renhui Li, Taxonomic and phylogenetic evaluation of Limnothrix strains (Oscillatoriales, Cyanobacteria) by adding Limnothrix planktonica strains isolated from central China, Hydrobiologia, 2012, 698, 1, 367
-  Konstantinos Ar. Kormas, Spyros Gkelis, Elisabeth Vardaka, Maria Moustaka-Gouni, Morphological and molecular analysis of bloom-forming Cyanobacteria in two eutrophic, shallow Mediterranean lakes, Limnologica - Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, 2011, 41, 3, 167
-  Victor Galhano, Daniela R. de Figueiredo, Artur Alves, António Correia, Mário J. Pereira, José Gomes-Laranjo, Francisco Peixoto, Morphological, biochemical and molecular characterization of Anabaena, Aphanizomenon and Nostoc strains (Cyanobacteria, Nostocales) isolated from Portuguese freshwater habitats, Hydrobiologia, 2011, 663, 1, 187
-  Catherine Bernard, Suzanne Froscio, Rebecca Campbell, Paul Monis, Andrew Humpage, Larelle Fabbro, Novel toxic effects associated with a tropical Limnothrix/Geitlerinema-like cyanobacterium, Environmental Toxicology, 2011, 26, 3, 260
-  Wenjin Ye, Jing Tan, Xianglong Liu, Shengqin Lin, Jianliang Pan, Daotang Li, Hong Yang, Temporal variability of cyanobacterial populations in the water and sediment samples of Lake Taihu as determined by DGGE and real-time PCR, Harmful Algae, 2011, 10, 5, 472
-  Qinglong L. Wu, Peng Xing, Wen-Tso Liu, East Tibetan Lakes Harbour Novel Clusters of Picocyanobacteria as Inferred from the 16S–23S rRNA Internal Transcribed Spacer Sequences, Microbial Ecology, 2010, 59, 3, 614
-  Katerina Vareli, Evangelos Briasoulis, George Pilidis, Ioannis Sainis, Molecular confirmation of Planktothrix rubescens as the cause of intense, microcystin—Synthesizing cyanobacterial bloom in Lake Ziros, Greece, Harmful Algae, 2009, 8, 3, 447
-  Pawan K. Dadheech, Lothar Krienitz, Kiplagat Kotut, Andreas Ballot, Peter Casper, Molecular detection of uncultured cyanobacteria and aminotransferase domains for cyanotoxin production in sediments of different Kenyan lakes, FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 2009, 68, 3, 340
-  Silvia G Acinas, Thomas H A Haverkamp, Jef Huisman, Lucas J Stal, Phenotypic and genetic diversification of Pseudanabaena spp. (cyanobacteria), The ISME Journal, 2009, 3, 1, 31