Model tests for shallow-water ship maneuverability in three gorges reservoir
Treść / Zawartość
This paper conducts calibration tests on the shallow-water maneuverability of 1:100 ship models for the typical navigation fleets in Three Gorges Reservoir. Major influential factors for the maneuverability similitude between models and prototypes and for scale effect were identified. A correction method for model scale was also established through model tests. Test results indicate that, by correcting the model scales of various fleets based on scale effect, the maneuverability indexes K’ (dimensionless of K) and T’ (dimensionless of T) of ship models are suitable for shallowwater tests, and properly reflect the maneuvering characteristics of prototypes. The findings provide an experimental basis for the navigation safety in Three Gorges Reservoir
- 1. Cai, C .“The development of J G II-V3.0 general software in Three Gorge pivot ship model experiment”. Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong University. Vol 20, No 2, pp110115,2001.(in Chinese)
- 2. Cai, R-Z. “The Experimental studies on small ship model serviceability calibration and serviceability in shallow water in Three Gorges Project”. Southwest Research Institute for Water Transport Engineering. Vol 3, No 8, pp 10-15,1996. (in Chinese)
- 3. Cai, R-Z.“The experimental studies on small ship model serviceability calibration and serviceability in shallow water in Three Gorges Project’s applied fundamental Research”. Beijing: Press of University of Science and Technology of China. Vol 2, No 5, pp 88-90,1997. (in Chinese)
- 4. Jiang, Y-Q, Duan, Y-L, and Liu, R-X. “An unstructuredmesh MATLAB generator and numerical simulation of shallow water problems”. Journal of Hydrodynamics. Vol 5, No 3, pp 56-59,2009. (in Chinese)
- 5. Katsuro K. “On the Maneuvering Performance of a Ship with the Parameter of Loading Condition.” SNAJ, Vol 12, No 168, pp 112-130,1990.
- 6. Muk, CO, Salina, CC, Arthur, TB, Edmond, YM, and Soon KT. “Simulating ship maneuvers in deep and coastal waters.” Journal of ship research, Vol 51, No 3, pp 204-216,2007.
- 7. Sheng, Z-B, and Liu, Y-Z. “Principle of naval architecture”. Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, Vol 11, No 6, pp 123126,2004. (in Chinese)
- 8. Su, X-Q. Ship maneuverability. National Defense Industry Press,1995.(in Chinese)